Thursday, March 14, 2019 8:30am – 3:00pm
Donovan Dining Center, Rhode Island College, Providence, RI 02908
A joint presentation by the Environment Council of Rhode Island and the Rhode Island College Office of Sustainability.
Thanks to those who have already registered!
Register now! $40.00/person includes lunch
Thanks to Our Generous Sponsors
Morning Plenary 9:00am
The morning plenary will celebrate 10 years of Compost Conferences with 5 people who have been involved in the RI Compost Scene for most of the last 10 years discussing the changes they have seen.
- James Murphy – Sustainability Coordinator, Facilities and Operations, Rhode Island College
- Terry Gray – Assistant Director for Air, Waste & Compliance, RI Dept of Environmental Management
- Jayne Merner Senecal – Owner & Farmer, Earth Care Farm
- Tim Faulkner – Executive Editor, ecoRI News
- Michael Bradlee - Manager, The Compost Depot at Frey Gardens
Workshop Session I 10:00am
• Prince George’s County, Maryland Compost Project – Greg McCarron, William Conrad SCS Engineers
• Alternative Uses of Compost in Stormwater Management and Green Infrastructure – Jack Eaton, Filtrexx Northeast Systems
• Existing and Emerging Infrastructure for Food Waste: A Regional Perspective – Coryann Mansell, Center for EcoTechnology
• How A Community Composts: One Example from the Front Lines of Local Composting – Michael Bradlee, The Compost Depot at Frye Gardens
Workshop Session II 11:00am
• The Role of the Composter: Waste Managers or Land Stewards? – Jayne Merner Senecal, Earth Care Farm
• Rethinking Sanitation: Composting Toilet Basics – Conor Lally, Nutrient Networks
Lunch and 2019 Compost Trade Show Noon
Afternoon Plenary 1:30 - 3:00pm
Composting at Rhode Island Schools
Diane Calvin of foodSCAPE will moderate a panel of people involved in composting at various schools.
Exhibitors already committed to attend include:
Center for EcoTechnology
Filtrexx Northeast/EJ Prescott
Listening Tree Coop
RI Department of Environmental Management
RI Resource Recovery Corporation